Screen printing is a versatile and popular method for creating vibrant and long-lasting prints on various surfaces. In this blog post, we'll provide you with a behind-the-scenes log of the process.
Screen printing, also known as silkscreen printing, involves transferring ink through a mesh screen.
Here are the key steps in the process:
1. Design Creation: Start by creating or selecting a design that you want to print.
2. Screen Preparation: Coat a screen with a light-sensitive emulsion, allow it to dry, and then expose it to UV light with your design on transparency. This process creates a stencil on the screen.
3. Setup: Prep printing station with a screen, ink, adhesives, tape, etc.
4. Registration: Align the screen precisely on the printing surface to ensure accurate placement of the design.
5. Printing: Apply ink onto the screen and use a squeegee to evenly distribute it over the design area. Apply pressure to transfer the ink onto the substrate. (The distribution of the ink is done automatically for automatic presses.)
6. Drying and Curing: Place substrate on conveyor dryer to cure the ink, making it permanent and washable.
Feeling inspired? Get started with your custom printed order by heading over to our design studio.